Horizon Europe Cluster Health – Research and Innovation Funding
October 19, 2021
What is it about
The EU Research and Innovation Programme 2021-2027 has gathered a lot of attention from the research communities around Europe this time around with their Cluster Health topics that are open for proposals. The published destinations aim to address acute and long-term problems in the healthcare ecosystem and the health and well-being of citizens from a societal point of view – without forgetting the lessons learned from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Destination 1. Staying healthy in a rapidly changing society
- Destination 2. Living and working in a health-promoting environment
- Destination 3. Tackling diseases and reducing disease burden
- Destination 4. Ensuring access to innovative, sustainable and high-quality health care
- Destination 5. Unlocking the full potential of new tools, technologies and digital solutions for a healthy society
- Destination 6. Maintaining an innovative, sustainable and globally competitive health industry
Cluster Health: Destination and deadlines
Cluster health is included in the Horizon Europe strategic plan with several aims:
- Improving and protecting the health and well-being of citizens of all ages by generating new knowledge, developing innovative solutions and integrating where relevant a gender perspective to prevent, diagnose, monitor, treat and cure diseases.
- Developing health technologies, mitigating health risks, protecting populations and promoting good health and well-being in general and at work.
- To make public health systems more cost-effective, equitable and sustainable, prevent and tackle poverty-related diseases and support and enable patients’ participation and self-management.
More information on the policy and strategy, and the 2021-2022 Health Work Programme.
Always check the official webpage (link opens in a new window) for details: